 From: Gerry Block <gblock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Glen Zook <gzook@xxxxxxxxx>; "oldradio@xxxxxxxxxxx" <oldradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>; collins List <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} Was there a Collins desk at the 1964 NY World's Fair?

Glen,

  There was a fellow here in San Marcos, Ca that had one and sold it a few years ago.  His father was in the sales dept at Collins.  I concluded it was something to admire in the other guy's shack.  I did not buy it.  But what really interested me was what was next to it.  A 30S-3 linear.  That is not a typo, a 30S-3, which is an autotuned 30S-1.  Prototype only.  Too rich for my blood, I think it went to Australia.