Re: {Collins} 6BF5

Don't overlook the possibility of oxide (or whatever) on the tube pins. I was recently reminded of this when the BFO in my R-388 got jumpy. A shot of DeOxit fixed it.

73
Bob

On 2012-12-18 4:00 PM, David C. Hallam wrote:
Does the 6BF5 have a reputation for being microphonic? My 75S-3 seems to have lost some audio output and I was puttering around the hood. I noticed when I did the old pencil erasure tap on the 6BF5 I could hear it in the speaker. Naturally there was no spare 6BF5 in my tube caddy, so I had to order a couple.

David
KW4DH