From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Walter E. Cheatham
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:49 PM
To: Collins Collectors Association
Subject: {Collins} ALC and 30S-1 drop out - a question

Hi all,

Does anyone have a possible answer to why my 32S-3 transmitter meter (set to
monitor ALC) suddenly pegged and the 30S-1 dropped out?

Id like some ideas before either it happens again or I dig in and try to
determine what happened (please don't think me lazy).

Below is my original email from 12/16/12 for reference.

Walt Cheatham K7CCA

X-X-X-X-X-X-X

All,

Today while I was checking in on the CCA Sunday Prenet, I was talking to
Jerry - N4JL, and suddenly I noticed my 32S-3 meter (set for ALC) pegged and
the 30S-1 dropped out.

I "went for it" and put the 30S-1 back "ON" and all was normal from then on.

After I finished saying what I HAD been sawing, Jerry mentioned that he
noticed I had dropped out a moment earlier.

The only thing I can think of is that it had been raining (lightly)
yesterday and MAYBE my Dipole antenna was damp at the center. This was the
first time I have been on the air since two weeks ago.

So, any ideas what happened? I have NOT looked into anything yet.

Should I be worried or wait and see if it happens again and the IF it
happens again, then start looking for the cause.

Walt K7CCA

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37

list admins and does not post to the group!

-----
No virus found in this message.