Re: {Collins} 32S-3 PTO dial slippage / lubrication

I bhink it's not that hard removing the PTO with some careful use of soldering iron and it's easy to reassemble for me at least.

AND...whatever you do make sure to find the small ball at the end of the shaft and put it in a SAFE place....A #10 envelope would work.

I ALWAYS with the many PTOs that I've cleaned and lubricated work in a large metal bak ing pan with reasonably high sides on it so when something like that ball gets away from being stuck to the shaft it doesn't escape forever and ever which is otherwise possible.

You should be happy with tuning that is velvet smooth when you're done!

Happy New Year!

Ian, K6SDE