From: Dave Harmon [mailto:k6xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:50 PM
To: 'collins'
Subject: {Collins} Mic Plugs

When I tried to check into the 3805 net last week I couldn't key the KWM-2A.
I wiggled the mic connector around and it worked but I had to hold it in
place so I benched the rig and mic.
I found that the el-cheapo mic plug had an intermittent internal contact.
I rummaged around in the junque bin without finding anything.

The next day I was on the phone with Jim KJ6EPD and I mentioned the mic
plug.
He suggested I take a look at the Neutrik series of connectors.
I found them at Markertek. http://www.markertek.com/ The part number is
NP3CM-B
http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Connectors/1-4in-Phone-Co
nnectors/Neutrik-USA-Inc/NP3CM-B.xhtml?NP3CM-B

The link is long and will wrap around so add the second line to your
browser.

I just received a handful of them and they are the highest quality and easy
to assemble.
Look here for the instructions.
http://www.neutrik.com/en/instructions
Click the NP3TM link.

They are the correct .206 o/d 'stereo' size to fit Collins and Drake.

I also got some new Heil mic cable from R&L electronics.
http://store.rlham.com/shop/catalog/

Dave Harmon
CCA 97-535
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net