From: Dave Bottom [mailto:ars.kd6az@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 7:17 PM
To: 'Dave Harmon'; 'collins'
Subject: RE: {Collins} Mic Plugs

Collins Mic Connectors:

The original PJ-068 (Switchcraft) Military Aviation .206" Mic Plug has been
replaced by the M642/51 for Military applications.  It is the equivalent
quality Mic connector.

There are at least 3 Switchcraft versions of the .206" 3-conductor Mic Plus
available from Mouser.
Don't go by Mouser's pictures, use the Switchcraft description.  Here are
both Switchcraft & Mouser #s

They are not easy to find so here goes:

               Original style M642/51 Military Mic Plug  (Black Handle) is
the:
Switchcraft 480X    Mouser 502-480X     MIL TYPE 3-conductor 0.206" plug,
screw terminal, black handle,
                                        MIL P/N M642/5-1            In Stock
today   $21.12  Yikes!

                Commercial Versions:
Switchcraft S260    Mouser 502-S-260    .206" 3-conductor Plug, Screw
terminals, black handle

                                                                    In Stock
today   $ 9.85
Switchcraft S267    Mouser 502-S-267    .206" 3-conductor Plug, Solder Lug &
Cable Clamp terminals, black handle
                                                                    In Stock
today   $ 9.50
In spite of the price of the 480X, the quality is really nice (like
Collins).

73 Dave WI6R