From: AirRadio <AirRadio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Feb 6, 2012 3:16 pm
Subject: {Collins} Band problem

75A-4, bands 20m and 15m dead, however when I touch a screwdriver or insulated
metal rod to the cathode pin 8 of V-4, 12AT7 both the bands come alive, dead
tube? all the other bands work fine. if I touch the crystal rack the same thing
happens, I thought it was a wafer switch at first but appears not, however still
need the filter wafer switch that is in 3 bits. Not worked on a 75A-4 before but
I can see it is easier than the S-line ~ less compact and I don't have too much
problem with those.
73 Max
W8BX
http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/