 From: Roger Shultz <nj2r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:16 AM
Subject: {Collins} 75A-1 Mods information?

I'm working on the restoration of a reasonably good condx 75A-1 that has a
couple mods which I have yet to find any documentation about.

The front end has been changed to a 6BZ6, the mixer is a 7360 and the HF
oscillator is now a 6AH6. The first RF amp has a 6SG7 in place of the 6SK7
though I don't see any socket changes there.

The second mod is the addition of a fast/slow AVC switch neatly mounted to
the right of the Phone jack.

I'm inclined to leave well enough along though the s-meter does not seem to
work as it should however I have yet to check out anything about why that
may be.

I've seen mods for the 7360 mixer for the 75A-4 and suspect the front end
6BZ6 which is close to the 6DC6 may be a copy of that in the 75A-4. I've
searched Electric Radio, on line, Collins archives etc but have found
nothing close so far. Has anyone seen this before?

The really good thing about this radio is that is has the 353C31 mechanical
filter which is not very common as I recall.

Thanks for any info you may have.

73, Roger, NJ2R

http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/

  SUNDAYS: 14.263 MHz-2000 UTC  +  AM Net: 29.050 MHz-1200 Central