To: "Collins" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:21 PM
Subject: {Collins} Collins antenna jack

Fernando,

You may want to go in a different direction here.

About 2 years after I bought my 32S-3 in 1963, I never liked the RCA
jack/plug for a RF coupling.

It provided me with nothing but resistive connection headaches.

I replaced my RCA jack with a panel mount BNC connector.

It looks neat, fits the space well and all I did was drill 4 small holes for
the screws and nuts.

If you must use the RCA original, try to use two nice screws/nuts instead of
pop rivets.

Reasons: the shock produced when the rivets 'pop' will not be good for the
rest of the radio and tubes.  Keep in mind Collins riveted this when there
was nothing else on the chassis.

Also the pop rivet clinch pressure is uncontrollable and may damage the
porcelain.

Al  WA8CCU

http://www.collinsradio.org/membership/