From: Dave Harmon <k6xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Ben Loper' <brloper@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Collins List' <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jan 6, 2012 3:20 pm
Subject: Re: {Collins} [Bulk] Carolina Windom

Hi Ben...
Just because the 180S-1 will match the KWM-2 to the wire does not mean that
the wire will be efficient enough to be easily heard.
Based on your 35' restriction I suggest that you try a 1/4~ ground mounted
vertical with some radials. (not Butternut!!!)
I've been very satisfied with my Hy-Gain Hy-Tower.
See DX Engineering for a good selection of antennas and other stuff.
The Carolina Windom works well if you have the room...but I think it is
longer than 35'.

Dave Harmon
CCA 97-535
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net