{Collins} 75A4A Inquiries

Hello Gents--
Does anyone on the list have any experience with what's called a 75A4A?  I'd never seen one in the flesh before and only got a cursory trial of the receiver with a wire connected to the antenna terminal.  Despite some dust, dirty band switch contacts, and a touch up on alignment, it seemed OK.  The guy who had it has the manual and documentation on the mods, but I was clueless as to what it might be worth.  Can anyone help me feel better about walking away from it?
 Brian K9VKY