Re: {Collins} 312B5 Cable



Thanks but I solved the problem already.  Thanks for responding, though.

bws

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins
[mailto:collins-bounces+bernie.schnippert=gci.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Stanley M Miln
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 10:44 PM
To: Bernie Schnippert
Cc: Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} 312B5 Cable

  Hi Guys
 If you do not have the Covers for the Plugs how about  just puttng some
shrink sleaving on the ends .
                       Stan K6RMR

>I have some NOS 9 pin plugs if you (or anyone else for that matter) 
>needs one, or a few.  How about $3/ea, or two for $5 plus a buck or two 
>for shipping.  These are not exactly like the plugs Collins used, but 
>are similar.  Picture a brown phenolic Cinch octal plug, with no shell.  
>That is basically what these look like, except the pin is solid and 
>protrudes from both the top and bottom side of the phenolic.  You would 
>need to make a shell or otherwise insulate your wires, but you could 
>certainly make a cable up with them.  I originally bought them at a 
>hamfest, remembering how difficult the NB dummy plugs are to find for the 4
line Drake equipment.
>
> Regards,
> Chris kc9ieq
>
> Sent from my outdated iPhone wireless thingy
>
> On Aug 14, 2013, at 12:22 PM, "Dave Gow" <d.gow@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> It is the same as a 9 pin vacuum tube.  Kenwood,  Yaesu and Ten-Tec 
>> also used them for their remote VFOs.  The plugs were very common 
>> some years ago.
>> There must be NOS out there.  It should would be easy to make them, 
>> just get a 9 pin tube socket and solder stiff wire of the same gauge 
>> as tube pins into the socket holes.-----Original Message-----
>> From: Collins 
>> [mailto:collins-bounces+d.gow=frontier.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>> On
>> Behalf Of Bernie Schnippert
>> Sent: 13 August, 2013 9:54 PM
>> To: Dave
>> Cc: Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: {Collins} 312B5 Cable
>>
>> Dear Colleagues
>>
>>
>>
>> I am new to setting up a Collins station.  I just noticed when 
>> looking to set up my 312-B5 that it must be powered with a special 
>> power cable from the
>> KWM2 to a special power jack on the 312B-5.  It is called VFO power 
>> cable in the picture.
>>
>>
>>
>> Question:  Where does one get that cable?  Is this available at RF 
>> Connections like some other cables?  The cable did not come with the 
>> unit.
>>
>>
>>
>> Please advise,
>>
>>
>>
>> Bernie KV7H
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> SHARE THE FUN: JOIN THE COLLINS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION TODAY !
>> http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37
>>
>> NETS: Tues & Thur: 3.805 MHz-2000 Central + Fri: 3.895 MHz-2000 
>> Pacific
>>  SUNDAYS: 14.263 MHz-2000 UTC  +  AM Net: 29.050 MHz-1200 Central  
>> 1st Wednesday AM Net 3.880 MHz-2000 local (ET, CT, MT, PT)
>>
>> The Collins Reflector reserves the right to refuse access to anyone.
>>
>> LIST HELP?  ADMIN EMAIL:  collins-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This ONLY goes 
>> to the list admins and does not post to the group!
>>
>> *** You are subscribed to Collins as d.gow@xxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish 
>> to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit 
>> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/d.gow%40fron
>> tier.co m or to learn more about our list visit 
>> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> SHARE THE FUN: JOIN THE COLLINS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION TODAY !
>> http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37
>>
>> NETS: Tues & Thur: 3.805 MHz-2000 Central + Fri: 3.895 MHz-2000 
>> Pacific
>>  SUNDAYS: 14.263 MHz-2000 UTC  +  AM Net: 29.050 MHz-1200 Central  
>> 1st Wednesday AM Net 3.880 MHz-2000 local (ET, CT, MT, PT)
>>
>> The Collins Reflector reserves the right to refuse access to anyone.
>>
>> LIST HELP?  ADMIN EMAIL:  collins-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This ONLY goes 
>> to the list admins and does not post to the group!
>>
>> *** You are subscribed to Collins as kc9ieq@xxxxxxxxx. If you wish to 
>> unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit 
>> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/kc9ieq%40yah
>> oo.com or to learn more about our list visit 
>> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***
> _______________________________________________
> SHARE THE FUN: JOIN THE COLLINS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION TODAY !
> http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37
>
> NETS: Tues & Thur: 3.805 MHz-2000 Central + Fri: 3.895 MHz-2000 
> Pacific
>  SUNDAYS: 14.263 MHz-2000 UTC  +  AM Net: 29.050 MHz-1200 Central  1st 
> Wednesday AM Net 3.880 MHz-2000 local (ET, CT, MT, PT)
>
> The Collins Reflector reserves the right to refuse access to anyone.
>
> LIST HELP?  ADMIN EMAIL:  collins-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This ONLY goes 
> to the list admins and does not post to the group!
>
> *** You are subscribed to Collins as k6rmr@xxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to 
> unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit 
> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/k6rmr%40veriz
> on.net or to learn more about our list visit 
> http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***

_______________________________________________
SHARE THE FUN: JOIN THE COLLINS COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION TODAY !
http://www.collinsradio.org/?page_id=37

 NETS: Tues & Thur: 3.805 MHz-2000 Central + Fri: 3.895 MHz-2000 Pacific
  SUNDAYS: 14.263 MHz-2000 UTC  +  AM Net: 29.050 MHz-1200 Central
  1st Wednesday AM Net 3.880 MHz-2000 local (ET, CT, MT, PT)

The Collins Reflector reserves the right to refuse access to anyone.

LIST HELP?  ADMIN EMAIL:  collins-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This ONLY goes to the
list admins and does not post to the group!

*** You are subscribed to Collins as bernie.schnippert@xxxxxxx. If you wish
to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit
http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/bernie.schnippert%4
0gci.org or to learn more about our list visit
http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***





This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail (Mailman edition) and MHonArc.