Re: {Collins} 516F-2 Part 2

To add to Bill's comments.  I also had a similar problem that Bill talks about.  I found the carbon tracking on the phenolic stub socket.   In my case, the arcing started from one tube pin, went across the socket, and arc'd to the chassis.  I could see the arc mark on the chassis hole edge.  While waiting for the ordered ceramic sockets to arrive, I simply cleaned the carbon tracking off, put a piece of black electrical tape around the edge of the chassis hole where the arcing occurred, and the problem stopped.  I am greatly embarrassed to say that the piece to tape is still there, I haven't installed the ceramic sockets, and it's been that way for maybe 8 or 9 years.  :)

73, Scott WA9WFA