To: "Donley" <donley.dn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: {Collins} 516F-2 Part 2 - Black Electrical Tape

Good stress relief strategy John.

On all of my big transmitters (BC and like the 204F & H), I turn the
filament voltage down a volt or so and then let it sit and then turn off.
When it comes on, there is less surge stress on the cold filament and then,
when semi-warmed up, I turn it up to spec filament voltage.

Helps a lot on the olde tubes.

Bill