To: <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:12 PM
Subject: {Collins} 51S-1 Cabinet info & Gearing Query

I gave up on ever finding a 51S-1 so here it is on the bench!

-- For the record:  I no longer want a Pre-1970 1911A1 and I
no longer want my wife to win the lottery.  What the heck worked
once!

What is the scoop on a cabinet for these.  Of course is rack mount.
I've been told that either a 30L1 or KWM2 cab might work with some
sort of caveat or simple mod?

Also, whilst typing anyway.  The gearing on the main tuning seems
somewhat loose.  Not slipping or anything, but noisy.  Repeatability
is pretty fair.  Just a little sloppy feeling.  Normal?   Or should
it have some fine adjustment done in the preload or...?

It is working well after a slight tweak in the crystal osc coil for
the upper bands and I want to go into it slowly with no herculean
dives until I learn more about it.

Is early model.  100 or 400 series depending on how one interprets
the ink spot on the first digit.

Any ideas of what I should look for in general about the receiver
would be appreciated.  Is the first one I ever played with.

TNX, N0DBX