Re: {Collins} DL-1 Relay Wanted - Resolution

Thanks for the suggestions regarding my very buzzy DL-1 relay.

1-      I tried tightening the one screw that held the relay to the chassis
= no change.

2-      I hooked up a variable DC supply to the DL-1 and dang, at about 6
VDC the relay energize smoothly and quietly; just like the DL-1 I have
running with my S-Line. So, I thought I'd take apart that DL-1 to see if
someone hadn't retro-fitted it for DC operation.

Then it dawned on me. Operator error! The DL-1 running with the S-Line had
one thing that the buzzy DL-1 didn't have; a ground wire running from DL-1
to the KWM-2. A quick attachment of jumper wires and . no buzz. The new DL-1
operated smoothly, as advertised.

Wow . I was amazed how important a simple ground wire was to the complete
circuit. It's all working like a charm now. Thanks again for those good
suggestions.

73

Ferris NB6T