{Collins} SA-13/U - DPDT knife switch.

I have one of these, as seen in the photo above the operators head on p.35 of the CCA Q2 2013 and showing in a couple of photos here:   http://aafradio.org/flightdeck/b29.htm.Can anyone tell me how the diagonal cross wires from opposite posts were used.It looks like all elements would have been active when switched on.Wounder if it was some kind of phasing scheme?Trying to think how I might use it as is with an antenna system.Regards, Rudy Littrell.