Re: {Collins} 270G-2 speaker replacement?

> Grant, waiting for your review, also find the Collins speakers less than optimum.

Jim ...

Since I can't a/b the two, I can only do a subjective evaluation. I put the original 270G-2 on my 51J4, listened for 5 minutes and took it off because it sounded awful.

While removing the original speaker I managed to damage the cone, which was so thin and brittle it almost crumbled. It's repairable, but I think it's destined for the trash.

The new P10R (subjectively) is a significant improvement.  Enough so that I'm leaving it on the radio in place of the very good 2-way speaker model I use for everything else around here.

Grant NQ5T