Re: {Collins} R388 TR Relay

----- Original Message ----- From: <ka4koe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:11 PM
Subject: {Collins} R388 TR Relay

ok

Wired up the TR relay with an external source of 12VDC. Relay actuates as it should, but the radio does not mute fully, or not at all. Does this sound like a symptom of dirty contacts in the relay???

Philip
KA4KOE

Sounds like dirty contacts. I think this is an open frame relay so it should not be difficult to clean. There are two sets of contacts; one switches the antenna from the input bandswitch to ground and the other switches the +210V buss going to the plate and screen of the third IF tube. You should be able to see the voltage change at pins 5 and 6 of V-109. The relay in my R-388 works quite reliably on 9 volts and mutes the receiver completely.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles