{Collins} Kwm-2 Low A.F. Gain problem

Hello Group

I have just got to power up my newly acquired collins KWM-2 for the first time the other day and when i attempt to tune into receiving any signals, turning the af gain full clockwise only is just audible. It is receiving well as when i plugged it into an external speaker and held it right up to my ear i am getting some good long distance signals but i can only just hear it, its that soft. Has anyone ever come across this problem and might know where it maybe going wrong. thanks

Kind Regards
Bradley Fechner