From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Whitebear1122
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:18 AM
To: N4BE_Jim
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} 6146's

My understanding is that it helps to know what neutralization capacitor your
M2 or 32S has, either ceramic or air variable.  Again I understand that
6146's and 6146A's should work in all 32S and M2's regardless of
neutralization cap.  And that 6146B and W's may work with ceramic
neutralization caps, but should work fine with air variable neutralization
caps.

Both my earlier 32S and M2A had air variable caps so I replaced the finals
with 6146W's with success and they lasted for 10-12 years, sold them but I"m
sure the tubes are still running.  I have not had any experience with
6146B's and W's with ceramic trimmer neutralization caps so I am only
passing on what I've read over the years.

73, Scott WA9WFA

On Nov 2, 2013, at 9:15 AM, N4BE_Jim <N4BE_Jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Resending this as it apparently didn't make it first time...
>
> I'm sure this has been debated a lot already. .. but... what is the most
appropriate final for S-line and KWM2 ... 6146B? 6146W? Others? And who is a
reputable source? I need a pair.
> Thanks
> Jim N4BE
>
> Sent from my iPad
> *** You are subscribed to Collins as whitebear1122@xxxxxxxxxxx. If you
wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit
http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/whitebear1122%40com
cast.net or to learn more about our list visit

http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/options/collins/wcarns%40austin.rr.
com or to learn more about our list visit

-----
No virus found in this message.