From: Whitebear1122 <whitebear1122@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: N4BE_Jim <N4BE_Jim@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: collins <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Nov 2, 2013 11:18 am
Subject: Re: {Collins} 6146's

My understanding is that it helps to know what neutralization capacitor your M2
or 32S has, either ceramic or air variable.  Again I understand that 6146's and
6146A's should work in all 32S and M2's regardless of neutralization cap.  And
that 6146B and W's may work with ceramic neutralization caps, but should work
fine with air variable neutralization caps.

Both my earlier 32S and M2A had air variable caps so I replaced the finals with
6146W's with success and they lasted for 10-12 years, sold them but I"m sure the
tubes are still running.  I have not had any experience with 6146B's and W's
with ceramic trimmer neutralization caps so I am only passing on what I've read
over the years.

73, Scott WA9WFA

On Nov 2, 2013, at 9:15 AM, N4BE_Jim <N4BE_Jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Resending this as it apparently didn't make it first time...
>
> I'm sure this has been debated a lot already. .. but... what is the most
appropriate final for S-line and KWM2 ... 6146B? 6146W? Others? And who is a
reputable source? I need a pair.
> Thanks
> Jim N4BE
>
> Sent from my iPad