{Collins} 75S-3 Collins Meter Lamp Socket

I recently acquired another S-Line station 75S-3/32S-3/516F-2 and
discovered the 75S-3 meter had a simple bayonet lamp socket poked in the
hole in the back of the meter.  I found another proper lamp socket
identical to the one in the 32S-3, but the hole in the back of the meter on
the 75S-3 is too small.  Has anyone one seen this before?

Was there another size lamp socket? There are no signs that the meter has
been disassembled, but it looks like I will have to if I am too make this
socket fit.  Doesn't seem very Collins like?

73 Dave WI6R