Re: {Collins} 32S3 to 32S3A or 75S3B to 75S3C conversion kit

Jim raises a very good possibility and suggestion. I reckon that there are
very few original Frequency Conversion Kits available. And if they are
available in original Collins containment with instructions, they are going
to be very expensive and a collector's item in their own right.

The parts can easily be found in parts rigs and on eBay. And, as Jim points
out, you can get a copy of the instructions. I would go this route. When you
do, notice the wiring tangle under the existing crystal deck. Do not be
tempted to make this "Better"....  It looks like a mess, but it is done
intentionally by using longer than necessary wire lengths on the crystal
socket wiring and then, when finished with the wiring, just cram it down at
random making the observed mess. This is done to minimize wiring capacitance
coupling wire to wire.  Doing it "better" with typical "good" construction
techniques will result in a bad electrical result.

Good Luck.

Bill Carns, N7OTQ
K0CXX, Trustee MRCCC
President Collins Collectors Association
Editor, Signal Magazine
Founding Member # AC94-0009
512 618 2762 (Cell + VM)
512 847 7010 (Home + Fax)