{Collins} Antenna help. No thread PLEASE

That is not true necessarily....  The network in the 30S-1, or for that
matter any transmitter that does not have a tuner built in (and has a PiL
network output) can only tune up to a limited VSWR at the given
frequency....This upper limit is usually around 3:1 on a typical amp of its
day...  I am not sure of the upper limit of the 30S-1 but I am guessing it
is about 3:1..

Your dipole might look a whole lot worse than that given the circumstances
and it is hard to access the situation without seeing it. I heartily
recommend that you get an Antenna Analyzer so that you can scan the antenna
(and others in the future) and see what the impedance looks like and what
the VSWR will be if you drive it.

The next best thing is to get the now sloping dipole in the best shape you
can, and the just tune your KWM-2 or S-Line transmitter into it and see how
it does. Watch where the "Load" control winds up and then talk to me....
But you really ought to have an analyzer.

This is off topic so I ask you to take it off line. I answered on line so I
could also ask you to take it off as it is discussed and so we do not wind
up with an antenna thread.

Bill