{Collins} Ceramic Tuning Caps Collins KWM-2

Me and Mr. Blackface KWM-2 are still dancing, works good on 20 marginal on 40 and NG on 80, Here's is my questions. I have read Glen Zook's story on taking apart the trimmers none of mine of frozen BUT is it possible for the trimmer to rotate and not go through its capacity range---like maybe the plated mica breaks loose? They look good to me no visible damage but no tune on 80 either. I have my HP 410C on the interface coax from the exciter rack to the grid of the 6CL6 on say 20 I get around 5 V RF and she's a boogie. Otherwise it has less than what seems to be the magic 5 V RF. I have not yet deoxit'ed (is that a verb?) the switch looks like a PIA to get the shaft out and the cans off. Ted WA8ULG

Footnote: s/n 12802 ( suggesting 1963) but has plug in relays and air trim in nutralizing found with 6146Bs not Teflon wire; may be a mutant did, Art have any love children building radios?