Re: {Collins} The "RARE" Collins transceiver that sold on eBay for $4, 490 - I have the connectors

On 12/2/2014 9:23 AM, Bill Carns wrote:
For some reason they dropped the efforts on the shown rig and developed instead to TRI-X 500
transceiver which had a 4X150 in the final.

Very interesting, Bill, this supports my own theory that it was a prototype for a company (or as it turns out, a product) that never made it to market.

One minor correction: the TRI-X-500 that was released by Tri-State Electronics in 1963 was a 500 watt transmitter only, not a transceiver. (Ref. ad, pg. 49, June 1963 73 Magazine)

Hope we'll hear more about this forgotten bit of SSB history, and see what's under the chassis!

73, Bob W9RAN