Re: {Collins} The "RARE" Collins transceiver that sold on eBay for $4, 490 - ...

I don’t want to get into what something is worth or where it changes hands.  This discussion was (thankfully) killed by the moderator.

I am into preservation.  We should be glad there are those with the resources to acquire rare pieces (or even extremely fine quality common pieces) from those that would just as soon toss the bulk into a dumpster, and preserve them.  As a CE buff, another piece that immediately comes to mind is the Central Electronics 100R receiver.  One and only one, and for collectors of CE gear?   Essentially priceless — and unlikely to ever change hands in a public “for cash” sale.  It’s far too valuable.  The rest of us need to simply be glad that someone is taking the time and energy and whatever $$ are required to preserve these one or two or three of a kind bits of history.

I hope the new owner of this rare and interesting piece makes the information available for all of us.

Grant NQ5T