From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bill Carns
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:20 AM
To: 'Grayson Evans'; 'Gary J FollettDukes HiFi'
Cc: '<collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Subject: Re: {Collins} 451S-1

The 451S-1 was developed and produced in very limited quantities in the
1980s as an evolution of the HF-80 program and era. There were only 10
manufactured in one run. A number of them are known to still exist. One is
in the Rockwell Collins Museum in Cedar Rapids. I believe there is one
proudly owned and used by the Rockwell Collins Ham Club there. Jim
Stitzinger, WA3CEX, has one and has shared many pictures and much info with
us and then there is this one on eBay.

It is a beautiful receiver. We are not sure what happened to the other 6
examples.

The receiver was featured in the CCA Signal Magazine in the Q1 2014 issue
(Centerfold) and information was presented in the list of significant
receivers manufactured by Collins over the years along with additional info.
It has been discussed or referenced in several other issues in one form or
another.

Sorry you missed that Signal.

For those that are missing out, and for some reason there are many that
still have not "gotten the word", the Signal Magazine is no longer our
association black and white newsletter.  It is a full-fledged VERY HIGH
quality #80 Gloss UV Coated cover, #70 Book gloss page, full color and
typically in the 24 to 28 page range although it has run as high as 52 pages
during special years or editions. It is often described now as being one of
the best magazines in amateur radio. It is definitely not your "average club
publication".

It is yours for supporting the CCA that provides you with this reflector and
the website. A Bargain.

Enjoy the reflector and website and for those that have not decided to take
a look at the Signal, and support this effort in the process, we invite you
to take a look by joining us today. It's a great time to join since we are
about to mail the Q4 2014 issue and it has some great info in it.

Regards, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Bill Carns, N7OTQ
Trustee K0CXX
President, Collins Collectors Association Editor, Signal Magazine Wimberley,
TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)