From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of john nelson
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 10:06 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} KWM-2 microphone feedback

Good morning all,  I have found a strange problem with my KWM-2 low audio on
the microphone. I thought I might of had a bad microphone so I tried my
spare and it was the same thing very low audio. I was looking at the
microphone and set it down by the speaker and it started to feed back very
strong through the speaker. The PTT was not depressed and the VOX was shut
off. I could speak into the microphone and here it on the speaker. The unit
was not in transmit at the time and no relays were closed. I had made
several contacts today with it and had good reports on the audio. Wattage
output was a little low around 60 watts and I did replace the two relays K2
and K4 recently. Any ideas where I should start looking?

Thanks John Nelson W0XAZ