Re: {Collins} PM-2 recapping

The earlier ones used about 20 uF. You would be better off with the 100 uF and today’s 100 uF caps are small enough to fit in the space you have available. That was not true in 1962.

With electrolytic filter caps, you have a lot of attitude regarding the capacitance. Generally, more is better to a point. The higher value gives better dynamic regulation.

Gary