Re: {Collins} R'389 Question

Ok thanks yo all that replied. I should have known. I've used beacons while flying out of various air fields around the country.
They were just called beacons. Thought they all were Non directional like the VOR. some of the AC I flew or participated in their repairs had directional finders of some sort. We used many times ones that could pick up the lower radio stations. Some were Collins, King, Narco, Bendix and the sort.

Raymond Cote
KD9CCZ