Re: {Collins} 75A-1 deafness

Merry Christmas to you, Max.....

If, as you indicate, you have 'peaked up' the RF stages, and your results there are UNIFORMLY OK, then it might be appropriate to look at the IF stages, or the stages between the RF and the AGC/detector section. Do you have Smeter indication at any signal level?? Using that as an indicator is it possible that your audio stages have issues?? Isolation at the Macro big picture level may indicate where the issues really lie.

Good luck.... this is always a learning experience.

John  K0KHZ