From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+wcarns=austin.rr.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Wender
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2014 10:27 AM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: {Collins} Antenna for 51S-1

  Hi All,

I am trying to set up my 51S-1 receiver where I do not have easy access to
my transmitting antenna.  I tried a long wire and that works very poorly
with very weak signals compared to my transmitting antenna.  Does anyone
have thoughts and suggestions for what antenna I should use?  Is there an
impedance matching problem?  The 51S-1 says it want a a 50-ohm unbalanced
line.  Could that be part of the problem?

Thanks for any ideas,

Steve

  KC5WN