Re: {Collins} 75S-3 PROBLEMS

I wouldn't lose track of the ratty RCA jack on 4 Ohm speaker port saga on here of late; you might even try gator clips around that port GL Ted WA8ULG (BMW guy!) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Thomas" <ve3tou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "MBenzguy" <mbenzguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:18 AM
Subject: Re: {Collins} 75S-3 PROBLEMS

Just for the fun of it, I'll put my guess forward. I suspect the ringing you hear is from the output transformer, and either it has an open secondary or (more likely) there's something wrong with the connection to the speaker. Transformers normally produce a bit of audio, but you don't hear it because the sound from the speaker dominates.

73
Bob