Re: {Collins} 516F-2 power supply

I don't know what work K7RMT did with the 516-F2 chokes but I designed the replacement power transformer and chokes for that supply back in 2001, that was subsequently manufactured by Heyboer. I offered them to the whole Collins community back then at NO markup for me, from Heyboer. Now some people have used my design to sell these parts at a profit. But I think my work should get some credit. Those in doubt can see Jim Garland's page that gives me credit for the design. My notes show that 60 8 henry chokes and 37 1 henry chokes were provided to all Collins members. That does not count the 25 or so power transformers that were sold at the same time.

See http://www.w8zr.net/vintage/tcvrs/516F2%20%20Rebuild.htm

I also designed the replacement transformer for the 30L-1 in 2004, in case that comes up.

Bill Abate, K3PGB

Bill Carns wrote:

Hi all,

FYI, the Heyboer choke is a result of the work that Bud Whitney, K7RMT, did
with them and is the choke that was developed and that Bud then used a ton
of.

I would go that route.

Bill Carns, N7OTQ
Trustee K0CXX
President, Collins Collectors Association
Editor, Signal Magazine
Wimberley, TX
512 618 2762  (Cell)
512 847 7010  (Home)