From: Collins [mailto:collins-bounces+jonesjames=imonmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jim Beck
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 8:10 PM
To: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Mystery Colliins Box

My Suspicion is that it is an antenna simulator.  If you find and inductor,
one or two big capacitors and a resistor in it and very little else then
that is undoubtedly what it is.  Many times they are set up to test a 23
foot whip that are used on small boats for an HF antenna.
Take a look inside and let us know what you find.
73,
  Jim,   KJ7 NW

On Jul 6, 2014, at 2:57 PM, bob hinkle <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> darned if I know.. kinda thought it might relate to airborne trailing wire
HF antenna testing??

> Bob KK8ZZ
>

> On 7/6/2014 4:36 PM, Scott Johnson wrote:
>> Phantom antenna box?
>>
>> Scott W7SVJ

Only"

*** You are subscribed to Collins as jonesjames@xxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to