Re: {Collins} KWS-1 in the military was KWM-1 History in the Military

there we go!!!!!

In a message dated 7/8/2014 3:19:58 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
steve.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  folks,

Can we please not make this a KWS-1 discussion? Robert's initial  post
was concerning the KWM-1 and no, its not a typographical  error.

I also have a KWM-1 (in very good operational condition), one of  a
handful I suspect here in VK-land, so was interested in the initial post
re it's military role, if any (other than the U2).

Let me add my  support to Robert's request - any material would be
appreciated.

Cheers
Steve VK2LW
Newcastle, Australia
CCA  member

On 8/07/2014 8:42 PM, Bill Riches wrote:
> When I was in  the USAF in Athens Greece we had a KWS-1 and 75a4 and one
op
> position  along with 3 S-lines and 6 KWM-2 rigs.  The ops liked the KWS-1
 the
> best due to its "cool" factor.  I was there from 1962 -  1964.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill, WA2DVU
> Cape May,  NJ
>
> Anyone have knowledge of how the KWM-1 was used in the  Military from
> personal experience/knowledge, references or articles  including its use
on
> Land, Sea, and Air?  The only short article  read long ago was that
Francis
> Gary Powers' U-2 had on locked on a  comm frequency behind his ejection
seat.

> 73
>
>  Robert Lawson W4RL CCA Member
>

> ---
> This email  is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is  active.

> *** You are subscribed to  Collins as steve.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you
wish to unsubscribe, or modify  your preferences please visit

*** You  are subscribed to Collins as couryhouse@xxxxxxx. If you wish to
unsubscribe,  or modify your preferences please visit
http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins  ***