Re: {Collins} KWM-1 History in the Military

I do want to emphasize that I was writing about a KWM-1, not a KWS-1. I've been a Collins collector for several years and have owned KWM-2's KWM-2A's and now I own a KWM-380. The KWM-1 that I used while on board the USS Yosemite from 1964 - 1966 was used strictly for amateur use and my first exposure to Collins transceivers. I spent many off duty hours operating on 20 meters SSB. It had enough RF power when used with shipboard antennas, but lacked receiver selectivity for some of the pile ups I created when I announced I was aboard a US Navy ship. That was a long time ago and the details are fading, but I still remember that little rig fondly. Let me know if more info is needed.

Ken,  K9PGC
Fort Walton Beach, FL