Re: {Collins} Plate tuning dial for 30S-1

You have to remove three phillips screws on top near the trim ring and four on the bottom.

You need to remove bandswitch knob and the two high knobs.

It is easier of you remove the five black Phillips screws holding the black bezel in place and remove the bezel and place it in a safe place.

Then GENTLY pry from the bottom edge of the front panel (don’t tug on it like I did).

The panel will begrudgingly hinge open from the bottom edge.

Don’t make ANY lateral movements when removing the panel and look behind while you do the operation to see if anything is bumping up against the two dials.

PS: I also chipped my front tooth crown when this thing let go. They are pretty tight!

73

Gary