Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: {Collins} kwm-2 questions

 Hi Tom
I like the Tube Rectifires. With the Diodes the B plus goes max untill the tubes in the radio start to conduct.
With a tube rectifier the B Plus comes up slowly.
With the diodes you have very high Voltage on all the
caps untill the tubes in the radio worm up.
                   Stan K6RMR

For what it is worth I wouldn't do anything except plug it in with a Variac definitely no silicon rectifiers for the rectifier tubes that will get you a great baseline and you might conclude 'if it works don't fix it'. I am not a fan of dishwashing old radios too many parts can absorb moisture (e.g. molded micas coil forms). Lots of old Geezer radios on line today without invasive cleaning. Ted WA8ULG ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Worthington" <worth@xxxxxxxx>