{Collins} KWM-380 QRV on all bands again!.

After fixing the PSU circuitry, repairing the PA, and replacing blown caps, I discovered that the KWM-380 would be off frequency by 1Mhz on some bands!.
I traced it with difficulty to a faulty CD 4094 serial to parallel converter on the synth. board (u18). replaced with a new one and hey presto!.
I also took the opportunity to replace most decoupling tantalum caps with new LOW ESR electrolytics.

After I replaced the synth. I got the infamous BEEP BEEP BEEP, showing synth. unlock-(HORROR!) , and I retraced this to a badly seated coax that runs between the two synth. boards--(PHEW!)

73 de William
ZS4L