Re: {Collins} Strange 75S3B SSB problem

 Hi Joe
I had a simular problem with my 75S3B when I bought
it off of a SWLer.He only used it on Short wave AM
and never used the SSB.
I found it had no noise on SSB.
Take out the SSB Filter and clean the contacts.
I used Contact cleaner and clean the socket and the
pins on the filter.
Caution , Note which way the SSB filter is facing,
It must go back the same way.
If that does not fix the Problem possible the SSB
filter or socket may be bad .
The way to test the filter is to put it in one of the
CW posistions.If the receiver is working the
Filter is OK.
               Stan K6RMR

I use my S Line daily, and strangely something weird has happened... On CW, and AM modes my receiver works fine.. but when going to either sideband, the RX audio level is way lower than normal. Gain control works fine as does the variable BFO, but the output seems to be about 30% of normal. Just started happening.

I'll admit I haven't tried to dig into this yet, just thought I'd fire off to the list and save some trouble if someone knew something right off the bat!

Thanks and 73 to all..

Joe  AB5OR
Tupelo, MS