Re: {Collins} KWS-1 Project, with Paint needs

Chuck, Send me some pictures so I can get an idea of what you are dealing
with cosmetically. You are not going to be happy fixing minor "Scrapes with
wrinkle spray. Spraying wrinkle on a clean and very smooth surface is one
thing. When you try and spray it on a "Mixed" surface where you have some
old wrinkle and some bare - it is going to really look bad.

I use a technique depending on the size of the blemish where you dodge in or
touch up in the wrinkle in the bare spots only and the use a very light
color coat over all the surfaces.

The paint is not black - it is called St, James Grey, and it is actually a
very dark grey that has some green in it.

The exact match will take some adjustment. Do the wrinkle with the black -
and the paint I recommend is the Harley Davidson Engine wrinkle Black. Then
buy some St. James Grey from a supplier like Nebraska Surplus or you can
have it mixed according to recipes available in our reflector threads. I use
the Surplus Sales of Nebraska Paint. Last I heard they got it still from
Klinger Paint Company in Cedar Rapids where the paint was originally
purchased by Collins.

Now - regarding match. All Enamel ages and darkens during its entire life
and more or less depending on the cumulative temperature and light exposure.
I often have to take the "Spray Can" original color and spray it out into a
container. Darken it with a tidge of black and use an air brush or a small
hand spray outfit to paint with.

Shoot me the pictures and then we can talk more.

Bill