From: "Clarence G. Marshall" <bonaire@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 8:28 AM
To: <captcurt@xxxxxxxxx>; <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Collins} Asking advice on HF amps

I agree antenna first. I get 8 db gain out of my beam over my dipole. That is equivalent to about 500 watts without an amplifier and the mess. Doesn't have to be a beam. Go to a double zep or other properly tuned. Once you are getting the most out of the 32S-1 then worry about an amp. If you decide to go to an amp he has to be of course a 30L-1. You will get another 10 db out of it and reach right into central Russia. By the way echo the comments on 10 meters. My 75A-4 is QSOing Eastern
Europe on 10 meters.

73

Clarence

K5CGM