Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:32 PM
To: Ka9p@xxxxxxx ; w3rxo@xxxxxxx
Cc: collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Collins} Asking advice on HF amps

 Hi Guys
Art Collins even made a Samsonite Suitcase to fit the
30L1 so it could go Protable with the KWM2 and the
PM2.
                        Stan K6RMR

Hey, I'm with Dan. No matter what your antenna is now, adding a 30L1 will
make you 6 -8 db louder for less than $100 bux per db, and the only physical
plant changes you might need are a slightly bigger table.  There's a
reason Art made amps and KW class amateur transmitters, methinks, and I don't
see why anyone should be apologetic about using one :)

And that's not even considering 40 meters - with the 30L1 and a vertical,
you'll be more competitive on 40 than 20 by a long shot, and the neighbors
may be a lot happier looking in your direction, as long as you stay out of their computer speakers and fire alarms with the amp on. And if you still
long for directivity on the higher freqs, phase a couple  verticals and
switch a delay line when you need to, and the guys with the tribanders at 35 ft
barefoot will often be waiting for you to be done.

That said we'd all like bigger antennas, but there is the old cartoon about
the ham next door - he has friends all over the world, just none in the
neighborhood :)

Try a vertical first maybe, compare it to your dipole, and go from  there.

73 Scott ka9p

In a message dated 3/22/2014 1:06:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,