Re: {Collins} Collins R388 Limiter Noise

I distantly remember this on a similar radio it was a very small silver mica like 50pf good way to trouble shoot is with a solder gun apply just a little heat (not so it drips!!!) and when you get the right one you'll have no doubt Ted WA8ULG ----- Original Message ----- From: <ka4koe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:16 AM
Subject: {Collins} Collins R388 Limiter Noise

Hello

My R388 is producing noise similar to static crashes when the noise limiter is engaged. The noise is noticeable also when the radio is standby. Could this be a bad cap going bad? I've already replaced the bad cap associated with the AGC.

Thanks.

Philip KA4KOE
*** You are subscribed to Collins as awombat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. If you wish to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit http://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/collins ***