Re: {Collins} Grading standards for Collins manuals/published material

Carl spent considerable time and effort and provided a good draft document on this topic years ago but it went nowhere. There certainly is a fit in the grading standards since equipment is covered. If upper management would chime in and give a thumbs up I'm willing to work with Carl (if he's still interested) and would invite others to provide input and act as draft document reviewers. There is a lot of reference material on the grading of books and perhaps other printed materials that could provide content. Book sellers have definitions of grading on their websites that would be of value. Ideally the grading standard would incorporate a definition supported by photos. The working group would put out a call for photos if needed. The grading standard could be broken down in categories. Manuals, sales literature, advertising, even stock certificates.
Carl provided a great draft document and would take ownership (if he still wants to do it-credit belongs to him) so "who's in".......
73
Tom K4NCG

Sent from my iPad