From: "David Harmon" <k6xyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rick Poole WA1RKT" <wa1rkt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "collins" <collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:21:52 PM
Subject: RE: {Collins} Tuning the 30L-1

Hi Rick.....
I think most everyone would agree to ignore the Collins 'zero tune' method.
Even if calibrated the meter ckt reacts differently on each band so it is
unreliable to use.
I don't think it is necessary to check any components.....just use a
wattmeter and tune it  your way.
With 811A tubes I would set the load to about 2.5 then drive to 300ma and
quickly dip the plate, then drive harder and load to 600ma.
The load control will vary with the band and load.
For 80mtrs my load control is 3.5.
My amps have Svetlana 572B tubes and the YK power supply replacement board.
I load my amps to 300ma then drive and load to 800ma max while observing the
watt meter.

73

David Harmon
K6XYZ