Re: {Collins} Cleaning (transmitter) variable caps

Some time ago I purchased a clothing steam wrinkle remover at Macy's or
Target, on sale for, as I recall, about $39.00.  The product has a cannister
for water at the base and a hose with a nozzle attached that hangs off a
built-in, telescoping stand. Plug it in, wait a few minutes, and steam away.
I figured if the technique works for automobile engines, it ought to work -
albeit on a smaller scale - for ham gear.

I have used this successfully for "melting away" grime and gunk, followed by
a controlled water rinse.  I do try to make a concerted effort to be careful
around anything that might be damaged by heat.

73,
Jeff
W8KZW